Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What is your safe place?

Lion head brass and wrought iron bed circa 1880




This month, in honor of Dawn Raffel's wonderfully inspiring book, The Secret Life of Objects , a memoir of personal objects and mementos that are made meaningful and treasured by the passage of time, the League of Extraordinary Authors blog has invited writers and readers to share thoughts and memories about artifacts large and small that connect them to important people, places and moments of their lives. Today, I shared a story about this rather large artifact, a brass and wrought iron bed that I slept in as a child that as an adult became an island of safety for me. I hope you'll come and read my short piece here and the others as well, and perhaps contribute one of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment